Mechanical Design Engineer
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible to apply basic and advanced knowledge of scientific or engineering principles to the design, redesign, improvement, test, modeling and use of our analyzer systems. You will be reporting to the Prototype & Production Manager.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Design, modify, develop and implement mechanical designs for production.
• Participate in the testing process through test plan development, review, execution, and/or analysis of tests based on established specifications.
• Work with Purchasing department and suppliers to select and validate components and manufactured parts.
• Deliver manufacturing files for model, prototype, and serial production.
• Setup technical specification for parts.
• Perform verification and reliability tests and write test reports.
• Support manufacturing to allow lean production with assembly guidelines.
• Good and clear communicator and presenter, ability to explain technical solution in an esay way both internal and external.
• Analytical and out-of-the box thinking to solve complex technical problems.
• Action orientation and strong sense of urgency.
• Understand budget and economic impact of design and material selection
Background and skill requirements
• BSc in Mechanical Engineering with basic knowledge of or experience with electronics and chemistry.
• Knowledge of commonly-used design concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Good, broad and up to date knowledge of manufacturing and machining technologies.
• Good and detailed material knowledge.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the use of CAD for designing components.
• Demonstrated skills in the areas required for this position:
• Structural analysis
• Design for manufacturability
• Materials and component selection
• Knowledge of material compatibility for specified use
• Fluid dynamics and theoretical mechanical calculation knowledge
• Dutch as first language, fluent in English
• Living preferably in or close to region Gent-Deinze-Waregem
• Working with technically high-quality and very diverse challenges
• Achieve results in a team, in a good team spirit
• Working according to the Danaher Business System, the system that makes us distinctive and offers unique advantages
• Working for a leading, worldwide operating company in the field of analyzer systems and projects
+32 9 3863402 firstname.lastname@example.org